About the Role
At Farm to Feed, product is everything. We source for and buy imperfect and surplus produce from farmers and create markets for this produce. Our goal is elevating farmers income by reducing food loss and waste at farm level and helping communities get access to nutritious food at affordable prices.
To ensure success you need to multitask effectively in a fast-changing, dynamic environment, and perform your duties in a manner that is as efficient as possible to maximize profits. Top applicants are dedicated, competent and have
strong leadership skills. We are keen to find someone who is eager to learn and grow with our start up.
Reporting to the Logistics and Supply Chain Lead, the Fresh Produce Quality Control Officer is expected to complete produce inspections and provide inspection details to Sourcing Team through the effective use of
technology and communication via phone and email, in a fast-paced warehouse environment. Your ability to verify the quality and condition of incoming produce will help assure the quality and freshness of our products.
• Effectively manage and implement policies as they relate to produce quality, service, and food safety.
• Routinely monitor, verify, train, and provide direction to the sorters team on their accuracy of product
• Communicates daily with the purchasing team on all issues related to fresh produce. Make recommendations
on how to ensure and improve quality.
• Ensure compliance with all Standard Operating Procedures pertaining to receiving, storage, and shipping of fresh produce. Identify and flag any issues to Senior Management Team.
• Complete daily rejection reports and identify key customer rejection trends. Communicate the key customer rejection trends to Sales and Senior Management Team.
• Ensure all quality specifications are up to date and distributed to organization in a timely manner.
• Ensure consistent and effective communication with procurement team on product quality.
Minimum two years in produce industry with produce quality knowledge
Excellent communication skills
Working at best with minimal support and guidance
An instinctive can-do attitude, with a strong focus on results delivery
Proficient computer skills, namely excel and word
Outstanding leadership, organizational, multitasking, and problem-solving skills
Must have strong time management skills with emphasis on meeting deadlines
Highly energetic with strong leadership skills
Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
Available to work extended hours
An eye for detail
About the Company
Globally food loss and waste accounts for 10% of greenhouse gas emissions. In Sub-Saharan Africa, nearly 50% of fruits and vegetables produced never reach a consumer while 32% of Kenyans face food insecurity. Farm to Feed tackles this devastating paradox.
At Farm to Feed, we aggregate surplus and imperfect produce and sell to partners who help increase access to affordable nutrition whilst having a positive impact on the climate.
Email CV to email@example.com