Have more questions?Contact us
Frequently asked questions
Odd solutions come with good questions. Get answers to your more pressing questions right here or contact us for more information.
Food loss and waste have negative environmental impacts, including wasting resources, exacerbating water scarcity, causing chemical pollution, and generating greenhouse gas emissions, particularly in agriculture. to put in pespective, food loss and waste account for 10% of global greenhouse gas emissions. Reducing food loss and waste is critical for sustainable food production and a healthier planet.
Farm to Feed works with smallholder and commercial farms to ensure that their full harvest finds its way to the consumer. This way we prevent food that is fresh but odd-shaped from being wasted.
We know how many KGs of which type of produce we have rescued from going to waste. Together with the University of Wageningen, we estimate our per KGs impact in terms of CO2 equivalent.
We sell a range of fresh, high-quality fruits and vegetables from farmers in Kenya. Not only do we sell the regular grade 1 and 2 produce, but we also sell odd-looking produce. To browse and purchase products, customers can check out our e-commerce platform for more information.
We deliver in all of Nairobi and neighbouring areas. Please contact our sales team at +254 795851756 if you want to know whether we deliver to your location.
Our full harvest range offers fresh produce to all sorts of B2B buyers.
- Quality assurance: You can be assured of the quality and freshness of the produce you receive. We have a rigorous 3-step quality control process to ensure that only the best products are sourced and delivered to you.
- Product variety: We offer a wide range of products, including both grade 1 and grade 2 produce, as well as odd-looking produce at a discounted price. This provides you with a range of options to suit your budget and needs.
- Convenience and effective service: We have an e-commerce platform that makes it easy and convenient to purchase products from the comfort of your home or office. With prompt delivery to your doorstep and excellent customer service, working with Farm to Feed is a hassle-free and enjoyable experience.
- Impact measurement: We provide impact statements in partnership with the University of Wageningen, we have estimated our per KGs impact in terms of CO2 equivalent. We track how many KGs from your purchase have been rescued and how much CO2 has been saved. This is also great for your own market reputation.
At Farm to Feed, we have a rigorous quality control process in place to ensure that only the best quality produce reaches our customers. We have three quality checks: at the supply hub, the warehouse, and at the point of dispatch, to ensure that the produce is of the highest quality.
Additionally, our warehouse and sourcing team are HACCP certified to ensure that they are trained to identify and prevent potential hazards and contamination throughout the supply chain. With our quality control process, we guarantee that our customers receive only the freshest and highest quality produce.
We do not charge a subscription fee to customers who buy from us nor to farmers who sell with us.
- Alternative to food waste: Working with us provides farmers with an alternative to throwing away their unsold products. We off-take the full harvest, including odd-looking produce that would have otherwise been used as animal feed or composted, helping to reduce food waste and ensuring that farmers can profit from their hard work.
- Increased income: Farmers working with Farm to Feed can expect increased income. We aim to pay farmers for their produce within 72 hours of supply, ensuring timely access to earnings. This enables farmers to purchase inputs for the next planting cycles, increase productivity, and ensure continued success.
- Downstream impact: Working with Farm to Feed has downstream impacts for organisations that depend on farmers, such as irrigation companies and fertiliser suppliers. By providing a reliable market for farmers, we are also indirectly supporting the businesses that support farming, contributing to the growth of the agriculture sector in Kenya.
We have a network of buyers (through our e-commerce site) of hotels, restaurants, catering companies, feeding programs and market intermediaries Who we work with to connect farmers to markets.
We also aim to provide training on marketing and business management to help farmers increase their income and profitability.
To register on the platform, click on the link "order from us" and follow the process to sign up. It's an easy two step process that will allow you to order from us within minutes.
There are several ways to get involved with us, including donating to our organisation, volunteering your time and skills, or partnering with us as a sponsor or collaborator. You can contact us to learn more about ways to get involved.
We have a strong track record of success in improving food security and promoting sustainable agriculture practices in Kenya. We work with thousands of smallholder and commercial farmers to increase their productivity and income, while also promoting a market for odd-looking produce that would have otherwise gone to waste.
Since the launch in April 2020, our current run rate has been rescuing 100,000 vegetable portions per week. Moreover, we have rescued over 920,000kgs of food and therefore saved 1000 tons of CO2 equivalent.
Investing in Farm to Feed has the potential to make a significant impact on climate change, food security, and sustainable agriculture practices in Kenya. Farm to Feed works to reduce food loss, which has a devastating impact on the climate. Furthermore, by supporting our work with farmers, investors can help to increase their productivity and income, which in turn helps to improve access to food. Lastly, by promoting sustainable agriculture practices, we are helping to mitigate the effects of climate change and improve the health of the land.